Before you can access data from customers using FreshBooks for their accounting, you need to set up a FreshBooks integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Create a FreshBooks developer application.
- Add your secure keys to the Codat portal.
- Create an account at freshbooks.com.
- Once logged in, visit https://my.freshbooks.com/#/developer and select Create an App.
- Enter your app details.
- The Application Name is displayed to your users, so should identify you.
The Application Type should be set to Private App
The Redirect URIs must read:
- Select Save to create your app.
- Select the small arrow next to the newly created app to display your secure keys. You'll need these for the next stage of the process.
- Open the Codat portal and log in.
- In the left pane, select Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the FreshBooks integration and select Manage.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret, and then select Save.
Spaces in secure keys
Make sure that your secure keys don't contain any spaces.
- Enable your integration. Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the FreshBooks integration from Disabled to Enabled.
Updated about 1 month ago