This is a beta integration
Please note that Codat’s Oracle NetSuite integration is currently live in open beta only. We do not recommend production usage at this time without working with our Solutions or Support teams.
Oracle NetSuite users must be enrolled in the Oracle NetSuite beta program in order to link their data. The beta program is open to all but the application process may take up to three weeks (see below for more information).
Oracle NetSuite is an online service that enables companies to manage all key business processes, in a single system.
Only Oracle NetSuite Accounting is currently supported. Oracle NetSuite ERP (Oracle ERP) is not supported at this time.
Before you can access data from clients who are using Oracle NetSuite for their accounting, you need to set up an Oracle NetSuite integration in the Codat Portal.
You'll need to:
- Let your clients know to apply to the NetSuite Umbrella Beta Program
- Enable your Oracle NetSuite integration in the Codat Portal in Production. If you don't have an account for the Codat Portal in Production, contact our support team.
- Set up your client as a company in the Portal and send them the Link URL to access their accounting data.
Beta access application timeline
Whilst application turnarounds can be a matter of days, this process can take up to 3 weeks to get beta access approval from NetSuite.
Therefore we advise as much prior warning to your customers as possible.
Codat's NetSuite integration uses new NetSuite functionality that requires your customer to have beta program access within their NetSuite instance. These are NetSuite's REST Record Service and REST Query Service features.
This integration has the following benefits:
- The simplest setup with the fewest steps to follow.
- The lightest touch for your customer once setup, with few additional steps (if any) required for future updates.
- No manual upload of data.
The beta program provides access to NetSuite's upcoming release 2 of 2021. Once this version is released and your customer is on this version of NetSuite then applying to the beta program should no longer be necessary. This is expected in the latter half of 2021.
Provide these instructions to your customer:
- Follow this link to the Oracle NetSuite Umbrella BETA Program recruitment form
- You will require an Oracle SSO (single-sign-on) account. If you do not already have one you can create one via this page.
- Fill in the form and when asked to select the beta features you are interested in testing, ensure you have selected NetSuite REST Query Service and NetSuite REST Record Service
Alternatively, your customer can also follow these instructions:
- Within NetSuite navigate to Setup tab > Company > Enable Features
- You should see a large banner that includes information about the Oracle Umbrella Beta Program Recruitment Form with a link
- Follow the link and follow steps 2 and 3 above
Note - on the Recruitment form, you will be required to identify an authorized user who can sign to accept the Oracle Cloud Services Beta Trial License Agreement. After this Agreement is fully executed by an authorized user through completion of the form and is processed by the Oracle Beta Program Office, the requested feature will be available for enablement on the Enable Features page.
Unlike most other integrations, Oracle NetSuite does not require any global credentials for accessing the API. Instead, your clients will be asked to install a bundle with the integration configuration. The bundle contains a specific script used to get or update certain types of data (e.g. attachments), and an integration record to enable the linking process. When linking, if the company has not yet installed the bundle, it will be redirected to a page containing information about the installation process.
- Open the Codat Portal in Production and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Find Oracle NetSuite and select the Manage button next to it.
- Choose what type of access to company data you wish to have for this integration: one-off or continuous.
- Save your settings.
- Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the Oracle NetSuite integration from Disabled to Enabled.
- Under the Companies tab, select Add new company.
- Enter a name for your client's company and select Add.
- Copy the URL and send it to your client. They will be asked to log in to their Oracle NetSuite account to confirm the connection. They will need to Allow the Link App to access Oracle NetSuite data and then choose the Production account.
When your client links their NetSuite account via Codat for the first time, they must sign with an administrator account and setup their NetSuite instance to allow a connection. Your clients will be guided through this journey during the authorization flow as documented below for your own testing.
If your clients do not follow these steps correctly the linking process will fail.
If the Token-based Authentication feature has not been enabled your client will receive an error message in Netsuite when trying to request data.
Install one of the following bundles, depending on the Codat Environment your client is trying to connect to:
- Bundle ID: 391485
- Bundle Name: AppLink
- Bundle ID: 391484
- Bundle Name: AppLink - UAT
To install this bundle your client must
- Login to NetSuite
- Go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles (Administrator)
- Enter the bundle name as above dependent on the Codat environment they are linking in
- Select the bundle
- Click the 'Install Bundle' button
In the linking process your client will be directed to a link similar to this for your NetSuite instance https://6950262.app.netsuite.com/app/bundler/installbundle.nl?whence= after which they will be guided through steps 3 to 5 above.
Codat's bundles are referred to as 'unmanaged bundles' in Oracle NetSuite. This means that with any potential bundle updates in the future, you will have to let your clients know that they will have to upgrade their bundles to the new version individually on their accounts.
Your client must enable the following SuiteCloud features.
- SuiteScript > Client SuiteScript
- SuiteScript > Server SuiteScript
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Web Services
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Record Service
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Query Service
- Manage Authentication > Token-based Authentication
To enable the features your client must
- Login to NetSuite
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable features > SuiteCloud tab.
- Tick the box beside each of the above features
- Scroll to the bottom of the terms and conditions popup modal and accept
- Save changes.
During the linking process, your client will be directed to this link, where they will be guided through steps 3 and 4 above.
Updated 2 months ago