Oracle NetSuite is an online service that enables companies to manage all key business processes, in a single system.
Note that this is an integration to Oracle's NetSuite Accounting platform, and not to NetSuite ERP which is a different software.
Before you can access data from your clients using Oracle NetSuite for their accounting, you need to set up an Oracle NetSuite integration in the Codat Portal. You'll need to:
- Enable your Oracle NetSuite integration in the Codat Portal in Production. If you don't have an account for the Codat Portal in Production, contact our support team.
- Set up your client as a company in the Portal and send them the Link URL to access their accounting data.
Note that Oracle NetSuite does not require any global credentials for accessing the API. Your clients will be asked to install a bundle with the integration configuration. The bundle contains a specific script used to get or update certain types of data (e.g. attachments), and an integration record to enable the linking process. When linking, if the company has not yet installed the bundle, it will be redirected to a page containing information about the installation process.
Codat's bundles are referred to as unmanaged bundles in Oracle NetSuite. This means that with any potential bundle updates in the future, you will have to let your clients know that they will have to upgrade their bundles to the new version individually on their accounts.
- Open the Codat Portal in Production and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Find Oracle NetSuite and select the Manage button next to it.
- Choose what type of access to company data you wish to have for this integration: one-off or continuous.
- Save your settings.
- Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the Oracle NetSuite integration from Disabled to Enabled.
- Under the Companies tab, select Add new company.
- Enter a name for your client's company and select Add.
- Copy the URL and send it to your client. They will be asked to log in to their Oracle NetSuite account to confirm the connection. They will need to Allow the Link App to access Oracle NetSuite data and then choose the Production account.
Updated 3 months ago