Pandle is a cloud accounting platform designed to make the recording of transactions as simple and efficient as possible for accountants, bookkeepers and small business owners. Pandle is a UK-based platform with over 40,000 users.
Before you can access data from customers using Pandle for their accounting, you need to set up a Pandle integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register a new application with Pandle.
- Wait for them to send through your secure keys.
- Add your secure keys to the Codat portal.
We also recommend that you test your integration using a free, Pandle account.
Currently Pandle doesn’t support online registrations, so you’ll need to send an email to [email protected] that includes the following details:
- App name – A short name for your app. Your customers will see this when they authorise your connection to their data.
- Description – A short description of what your app does that mentions Codat. For example: “As lenders, we’ll connect to our customers’ accounts to view or update them using Codat’s Pandle integration”.
- Re-direct URI – Customers are redirected to this URL after they authorise your app connection. For a Codat integration you must use, for:
We suggest that you include both URIs in your email.
Pandle will issue secure keys to you, including a client ID and client secret. It may take a number of working days to receive these details.
Use the correct Codat portal
- Open the Codat portal and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down the list until you find Pandle, and select the Manage button next to it.
- Paste in the Client ID and Client Secret values from Pandle.
- Select Save.
- Enable your integration. Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the Pandle integration from Disabled to Enabled.
Your Pandle integration is now set up.
We recommend that you test your integration before sending Link URLs to customers.
- Sign up for a free Pandle account as the business owner. You'll need to add a valid email address, and a VAT number in the correct format. For the rest of the registration form, you can enter dummy details if you choose to.
- When your account setup is complete, log in to Pandle, choose the free subscription plan, and create some data for your test company, for example, some invoices.
- Next, go to the Codat portal where you've enabled your integration and create a test company.
- Find the Link URL for your test company. Next to the company name, select View Link URL.
- Use the Link URL to connect your Pandle account.
- When the link site opens, select PANDLE, and then select Continue to Pandle.
- Log in to your Pandle account.
- Authorise access to your account details.
- Make sure that any data you've set up in your Pandle account is displayed in Codat portal for your test company.
Updated 5 months ago