Which QuickBooks Online Integration should I use?
You may now see two QuickBooks Online Integrations available to choose from in the Codat Portal.
The "QuickBooks Online Sandbox" integration can be used in either Codat UAT (app-uat.codat.io) or Production (app.codat.io) environments to connect to QuickBooks Online Sandbox accounts to facilitate your testing.
The "QuickBooks Online" integration should be used in Production (app.codat.io) to allow real Live QuickBooks accounts to connect. It should not be used in Codat UAT.
If, however, you previously had this integration configured in UAT, no further action is required, and there will be no change in behavior.
Before you can access data from customers using QuickBooks Online for their accounting, you need to set up a QuickBooks Online integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register a new application on QuickBooks Online's developer portal.
- Add your secure keys to the Codat portal.
- Visit https://developer.intuit.com/ and sign in or create an account.
- When you're logged in, in the top navigation select 'Dashboard'
You can reuse a previously created app, or create a new one
To create a new app:
- Select + Create an app.
- Select 'QuickBooks Online & Payments' and enter your app name.
- Under Select a scope, select Accounting, and then select Create App.
Quickbooks App Review Process
From the 15th November 2021, all new apps or apps in the development phase will be required to complete an assessment process prior to getting production credentials. Intuit will be sending more information via the email registered with your developer account as the assessment process begins.
Details on the guidelines are available here: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/go-live/publish-app/platform-requirements.
For existing apps that already have access to production credentials, Intuit will be reaching out in phases from October 2021 on how to complete the refreshed assessment process.
Codat will be working with existing clients as more information is provided by Intuit.
Once you have created your app, or clicked on an existing one, under the 'Production' tab on the left hand menu, choose 'Keys & OAuth':
- Under the 'Redirect URIs' section, click 'Add URI'
- Enter the URI
- Copy the Client ID and Secret, and follow the instruction below to save them in the Codat portal.
Production key prerequisites
Intuit may require you to verify contact details, complete your profile if not completed and provide Term of Service Links before your Production keys are made available.
- Open the Codat portal and log in.
- In the left pane, select Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the QuickBooks Online integration and select the Manage.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Select Save.
- Enable your integration. Go back to Integrations > Accounting, and use the toggle to update the QuickBooks Online integration from Disabled to Enabled.
Updated about 1 month ago