Before you can access data from customers using Sage Business Cloud for their accounting, you need to set up a Sage Business Cloud Accounting integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register a new application on the Sage developer site and retrieve your secure keys.
- Add your secure keys to the Codat portal.
- Enable your Sage Business Cloud Accounting integration in the Codat portal.
Codat currently supports the following versions of Sage Business Cloud Accounting:
- Version 3.1: UK, Ireland, US, Canada, France, Germany, and Spain.
- Version 3.0: UK and Ireland only.
Please note that we only support pushing of data to Sage Business Cloud Accounting UK.
Change to Sage Business Cloud Accounting setup
If you set up your Codat integration with Sage Business Cloud Accounting before October 19, 2020, you'll notice a change to the credentials page in the Codat portal. The option Client ID, client secret, signing secret and subscription key (API v3 - UKI) is selected for your integration.
To continue to use version 3.0, you don't need to make any changes. The integration will continue to work as normal. However, when you link new companies you must only select the UK or Ireland flags.
To start using version 3.1 with extended coverage for UK, Ireland, and US, Canada, France, Germany and Spain - you'll need to add new credentials as described below. You don't need to remove your existing version 3.0 credentials or relink your existing companies. When new companies do link, they'll have access to all nationalities supported by version 3.1.
Version 3.1 also allows a customer to choose which company data file they want to link and sync if they manage different accounts from the same machine.
To register your Sage Business Cloud Accounting application, you need to use Sage's development portal.
- Go to the development portal and sign in. If you don't have an account already, you can create one now. Use either your email address or a GitHub account.
- When you're signed in, on the welcome page, select Create app to register your new application.
- Fill in the application details.
- In the App Name box, enter a short name for your application. This name is displayed to your customers during the linking process.
- In the Email Address box, enter a contact address for app users.
- In the Homepage URL box, enter your company's website address.
- In the Callback URLs box, enter the following URLs for Codat's UAT and production environments on separate lines:
- Select Save.
The details of your newly registered application are displayed.
- Either keep this page open in a separate browser tab, or copy the Client ID and Client Secret to a Word document or similar.
If you currently use version 3.0 of Sage Business Cloud Accounting, you don't need to remove these credentials.
- Open the Codat portal and log in.
- In the left pane, select Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to the Sage Business Cloud Accounting integration and select Manage.
- Select the Client ID and client secret only (API v3.1 - UKI, US, CA, DE, ES, FR) option.
- Paste in your Client ID and Client Secret, and then select Save.
Spaces in secure keys
Make sure that your secure keys don't contain any spaces.
- In the Codat portal, go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down to Sage Business Cloud Accounting and select the toggle to set it to Enabled.
Your Sage Business Cloud Accounting integration is now set up.
Updated 24 days ago