Wave is a global accounting platform that simplifies accounting processes for small business owners.
Before you can access data from customers using Wave for their accounting, you need to set up a Wave integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register your Wave application on Wave's developer portal.
- Add the secure keys generated by your registration to the Codat portal.
- Enable your Wave integration in the Codat portal.
When your setup is complete, you can also request partner status to access profit and loss and balance sheet reports.
Financial report sync errors
Profit and loss and balance sheets reports are only synchronised if you request partner status from Wave, otherwise they show a fetch error.
Developer account details
If you already have a Wave account, have your account details to hand.
If you don't, create an account before you start registration.
To register your Wave application you need to use Wave's developer portal.
- Go to the Wave website and sign in.
The Manage Applications page is displayed.
- If you are using your account for the first time, select Get Started. Otherwise, select
Create an application.
The Create an application section is displayed.
- Add the following details:
- In the Name box, enter your company’s name. Your customers see this when they authorize your connection to their accounting system.
- (Optional) In the Description box, you can write a short description of the application.
- In the Redirect URIs box, enter
- In the Logo box, select Choose File to upload your company logo. The logo appears on the authorization page that your customers see.
Logo displayed on authorization page
If you don't upload your own company logo, the Codat logo appears on the authorization page.
- Select Create your application.
The page refreshes and shows a table that contains your application name, and description, if you added one.
- Select your application name.
The page refreshes and shows the secure keys that you need for the next stage of the process.
- Either keep this page open in a separate browser tab or copy the Client ID and Client Secret to a Word document or similar.
To add your secure keys:
- Sign in to the Codat Portal.
- On the navigation bar, select Settings > Accounting.
- Scroll down the list until you find Wave, and select the Manage button next to it.
- Paste in the Client ID and Client Secret values from registration.
- Select Save to complete your integration set up.
- In the Codat portal, go to Settings > Accounting.
- Scroll down the page until you find Wave and select the toggle to set it to Enabled.
Your Wave integration is ready to use.
To access your customers' financial reports (balance sheet, profit and loss), you need to apply for Wave partner status.
- Go to Wave's developer portal and fill out a help request.
- Include the following information:
- You're a Codat client who would like partner status to access financial reports.
- Your Wave application name.
- Submit your help request.
Updated 15 days ago