Zoho Books is a global accounting package with customers in the UK, US, Australia, India, and South Africa.
Codat currently supports the following regions for Zoho Books:
Before you can access data from customers using Zoho Books for their accounting, you need to set up a Zoho Books integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register your Zoho Books application.
- Add the secure keys generated by your registration to the Codat portal.
- Enable your Zoho Books integration in the Codat portal.
Zoho Books rate limits
Codat works within the rate limits set by Zoho Books to minimise the impact on data syncs. By default, line items are excluded when retrieving invoices and credit notes. For customers, address and contact information is excluded.
Read Zoho Books limits to understand more about how Zoho Books controls the volume of data your organisation can retrieve, and data connections per organisation.
Developer account details
If you already have a Zoho Books account, have your account details to hand. If you don't, create an account before you start registration.
To register your Zoho Books application.
- Go to https://api-console.zoho.com/ and sign in to Zoho Books. If you are using your account for the first time, select GET STARTED.
The Developer Console is displayed. If the Applications screen is displayed instead, from the top-left corner, select ADD CLIENT.
- Select Server-based Applications.
The Create New Client page is displayed.
- Add the following details:
- From the Client Type list, select Server-based Applications.
- In the Client Name box, enter your company's name. Your customers see this when they authorise your connection to their accounting system.
- In the Homepage URL box, enter your company's website address.
- In the Authorized redirect URIs box, enter either:
https://zohobooks-uat.codat.io/oauth/callbackif your Zoho Books integration is still in UAT.
https://zohobooks.codat.io/oauth/callbackif your Zoho Books integration is already live in Production.
- Click Create.
Zoho Books generates the secure keys that you'll need for the next stage of the process.
- When the page refreshes with the Client Secret tab selected, either:
- Keep this page open in a separate browser tab.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret to a Word document or similar.
- Select the Settings tab and turn on any of the listed regions where your customers are based.
- Select the Use the same OAuth credentials for all data centers checkbox.
Your settings are saved automatically, and a confirmation message is displayed.
Use the correct Codat portal
You need to add the secure keys to the correct Codat environment:
To add your secure keys.
- Go to the correct Codat environment and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Accounting.
The Accounting Integrations page is displayed and shows a list of the accounting platforms that you can integrate with.
- Scroll down the list until you find Zoho Books, and select the Manage button next to it.
The Zoho Books Credentials page is displayed.
- Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret values from registration.
- Select Save to complete your integration set up.
- In the Codat portal, go to Integrations > Accounting.
- Scroll down the page until you find Zoho Books and select the toggle to set it to Enabled.
Your Zoho Books integration is now set up.
Updated 4 months ago