Prior to setting up your Amazon Seller Central integration, you will need to:
- Register or have an existing Amazon Web Services (AWS) account
- Create an Identity and Access Management (IAM) User and generate an AWS Secret Access Key
- Create an IAM Policy
- Create an IAM role that trusts your IAM User
- Add an AWS Security Token Service Policy to your IAM User.
Amazon has manual verification steps as part of their developer registration process. Please note that it can take some time for your application to be reviewed before you can start using Codat's Amazon Seller Central integration.
Charges & Fees
Amazon charges a monthly fee dependant on location to register with Seller Central. Please consult your local Amazon Seller Central website for more details.
An AWS account is also required, although Amazon does not currently charge for the use of the IAM services. Other usage of your AWS account may incur separate charges.
- Sign into Amazon Seller Central using the credentials that you want to associate with your developer account.
- In the Apps & Services menu, click Develop Apps. The Developer Central page appears.
- You will need to complete the Developer Registration Form.
Data Access Section
Please select My organization builds and offers publicly available applications.
Use Cases Section
You will only need to select the "Selling Partners" APIs. You will need to be clear about the data that you are interested in, and be able to justify how you will help the merchant’s business grow on Amazon.
Security Controls Section
You will need to outline the controls you have in place in your integration to ensure the security of any synced data. Amazon require you to demonstrate that you will be compliant with their privacy and data sharing policies; and you will need to provide your company's incident response policy.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Amazon is highly sensitive about PII data from their merchant’s customers.
Due to the stringent restrictions, Codat does not pull any PII data from Amazon to populate our Customers datatype.
Reviewing your application status
After the submission of request to register as a developer, Amazon will evaluate and review the application. You should receive a notification when your request has been reviewed. You should also see a "Your developer registration is under review banner" on the ASC page that will reflect the status of your application.
If you do not already have an AWS account, you can register for a free tier account here.
Please follow steps 2 through 5 on Amazon's instructional guide here to create the required user, policy and role.
Important - Step 2.8
This is your only opportunity to view or download your user's AWS secret access key, which you will need to authenticate your calls to the Selling Partner API. Save the AWS access key ID and AWS secret access key in a safe and secure place.
You will not have access to the AWS access key again after this step.
If you lose your AWS secret access key you will need to create a new IAM user with its own new set of keys.
- On the Amazon Seller Central Developer Page, choose "Add new app client"
- Choose a name for your app, and select "SP API" from the "API Type" Dropdown
- Enter the IAM ARN for the IAM Role you created above.
- Select "Sellers" for "Business Entities Supported"
- Select all the available roles
- Under "OAuth Login URI" enter
- Under "OAuth Redirect URI" enter:
- To use the app in Codat's Production environment enter
- To use the app in Codat's UAT environment enter
- You can use the same app for both Codat's UAT and Production environment by clicking "Add another URL" and enter both URLs.
- Click Save and Exit
Updated 8 days ago