Before you can access your customers' banking data from any banks supported by Plaid, you need to set up your integration. You'll need to:
- Create your Plaid account, and test with the sandbox environment.
- Request access to the Plaid production environment and get your secure credentials.
- Request access to the Codat Portal.
- Add your secure credentials to the Codat Portal.
- Enable your Plaid integration.
Plaid account details
If you already have a Plaid account, have your account details to hand.
If you don't, create an account before you start your set up.
- Go to Plaid's Website, choose "Get API Keys", and log in if required.
- On the welcome page, choose "Team Settings -> API" from the top menu bar
- On the "Allowed redirect URIs", choose the configure option. You will need to enter
https://plaid.codat.io/oauth/callback. You may be prompted for your password when you save.
- On the left hand menu select the "Keys" page.
- Make a note of your Sandbox and Development Keys, and your Client ID.
Log in to the Codat Portal.
In the left panel, click Integrations > Banking.
Click Manage next to the Plaid integration. The Plaid Credentials page is displayed.
Select One-off or Continuous to choose what type of access to company data the integration will have.
Locate the secure keys that you retrieved earlier and enter the following values:
- client_id value into Client ID.
- Sandbox secret value into Sandbox Secret.
- Development secret value into Development Secret.
From the Environment list, select Sandbox.
Enter country codes for the countries that you operate in, and want to allow your customers to link from. This filters the list of banks in the Link authorization flow to only banks in the selected countries, which might improve your conversion rate. Enter a comma-separated list of one or more of the following codes:
If no country codes are entered then all the above country codes are used by default. In the Plaid Sandbox and Development environments the default values are also
Return to Integrations > Banking.
Click the toggle next to Plaid to set the integration to Enabled.
Plaid allows you to customise the look, feel and content of the link site that customers see when they authorize your connection to their banking data. This is the customer journey you'll follow during testing.
- Still on the Plaid website, from the top menu, select Customize.
A new page is displayed with the options for the link site that you can customise in the left pane. On the right, there's a preview pane where you can see the immediate effect of any changes you've made before you publish them. See Plaid link customization for descriptions of what each option does.
- To update an option you're interested in, select it in the left pane.
The customisable elements are displayed so that you can update them. Any changes you make are immediately displayed in the preview pane.
- When you're happy with your changes, select Publish changes, and then at the top of the left pane, select GO BACK > to return to the main options menu.
- Continue until you're happy with your updates.
When you are ready to connect to live data, you will need to request access from Plaid.
- Go to https://dashboard.plaid.com and log in.
- Select Migrate to Production and follow the process to request access to the Plaid production environment, and to get your secure credentials.
- Once you have your Production Secret, enter it on the box for the Production Secret within the Plaid configuration page in the Codat Portal.
- Please note that the Country Codes default value in Plaid's Production environment is the following: US,CA
Updated 2 months ago