Codat's commerce integrations allow clients to retrieve up-to-date, useful data from ecommerce and point of sale platforms directly from Codat's API.
Planned changes to beta commerce integrations
Thank you to our beta participants who provided valuable feedback on our first commerce integrations!
As a result of your feedback, we are making the following changes to our commerce data model:
- Improvements to how refunds are handled in the Orders endpoint.
- Movement of payments object into a new, separate Payments endpoint.
- Creation of a new Merchant information endpoint.
We had anticipated that these changes would be available by the end of March; we are currently targeting a release in April 2021. Before then, you are free to use our integrations, but we advise against any production implementation of affected endpoints.
Codat's commerce integrations give you access to your customers' commerce transactions. Whether you're a lender, insurer, or an analytics provider, you can benefit from this service.
For example, Codat gives lenders access to up-to-date sales, customer, and product information to supplement decision-making. From this data, you can extract:
- Gross sales values
- Monthly recurring revenue
- Churn rates
- Average transaction volumes
- Average transaction values
- Returns information
- Payouts information
- Chargebacks information
The following commerce data types are available via Codat's API:
- Orders — details of all orders received by a company, including payments, service charges, and refunds.
- Transactions — details of all financial transactions recorded in the system.
- Products — details of the products a company has available on the system, including the price and quantity of those products, and product variants (where available).
- Customers — details of customers who have placed orders with the company.
- Disputes — details of all transactions that customers have challenged.
The following pages contain full instructions on how to set up integrations for all supported commerce platforms by building to Codat's API. If you would prefer for Codat to build to your API, please visit the Managed service for ecommerce or POS solutions section.
Updated 10 days ago