Set up the LightSpeed Restaurant integration to retrieve sales and order information from your customers using Lightspeed Restaurant - K Series to run their food or hospitality business.
Before you can use the integration, you will need to join the LightSpeed partner programme to get access to their APIs. You can read more about joining their programme on their website here.
To set up the integration, you will need to perform these tasks:
- Sign up to be a Lightspeed Partner, then apply for API credentials
- Retrieve your credentials and enter them into the Codat developer portal
- Enable the integration
- Create companies in Codat and then share the Link URL with your SMB customers
To register as a partner, you'll first need to complete the Partner Application form. When asked how you plan to earn revenue as a Lightspeed Partner, choose Integrate to Lightspeed POS or Build an App, and then complete the rest of the fields accordingly.
Which Lightspeed product?
If you're asked which product you intend to integrate with, make sure you select Restaurant. Codat's integration does not work with Lightspeed Retail products at this time.
Once your partner application has been approved, you should receive details of how to access a form that allows you to request API Credentials. You'll first need to ask for a Staging client, which will be used for testing and to demonstrate your app to your Lightspeed contact, who will then advise when to apply for a Production client.
When completing the form you may be asked for the following information:
- Redirect URI: This should be
- Scopes: Please select
Order & Pay.
- Test POS Account: Select this option if you would like a test Lightspeed K account to use for your testing. This account will only be able to connect to your staging app.
Once your application has been processed, you should be sent your credentials to the specified email address. Next, you will need to add these into the Codat Portal:
On the navigation bar, select Settings > Commerce.
Select the correct integration depending on whether you're configuring your app for testing or use by live clients
- For testing, click Manage next to the Lightspeed K Trial integration.
- For production, click Manage next to the Lightspeed K integration.
The Integration settings page is displayed.
Under Access to company data, configure the permitted sync frequency for the integration. Select Allow one-off data sync… or Allow continuous data sync.
Enter the provided Client ID for your Lightspeed K app in the Client ID box.
- For testing, enter the Staging Client ID from Lightspeed.
- For production, enter the Production Client ID from Lightspeed.
Enter the application secret for your Lightspeed K app in the Client Secret box.
- For testing, enter the Staging Client secret from Lightspeed.
- For production, enter the Production Client secret from Lightspeed.
Toggle the integration to be enabled in the top right if required.
Syncing of all commerce data types must be enabled before you can pull commerce transactions from Square to Codat. Follow the steps in Commerce sync settings; you only need to do this once.
Updated about 1 month ago