Before you can access your customers' commerce data from Shopify, you need to set up a live integration. You'll need to:
- Login to the Codat Portal in Production.
- Have your app approved by Shopify.
- Update the redirect URL for your Shopify app to Codat’s Production URL.
- Retrieve your secure Shopify app credentials.
- Add your secure credentials to the Codat Portal in Production and enable the Shopify integration.
- Check your sync settings.
If you don't already have an account for the Codat Portal in Production, contact our support team.
All public applications created in Shopify must meet Shopify's requirements and be approved by Shopify. If you haven't created your app yet, go to Set up Shopify in UAT for our guide on how to create your app and submit it to Shopify.
Shopify account details
If you already have a Shopify developer account, have your account details to hand.
If you don't, create an account before you start to create your application.
- Log in to Shopify developer portal.
- Under the app approved by Shopify, go to App setup.
- Under URLs > Allowed redirection URL(s), paste Codat’s Production URL:
- Scroll to GDPR mandatory webhooks and enter the following URLs:
Customer data request endpoint:
Customer data erasure endpoint:
Shop data erasure endpoint:
- Go back to the Apps dashboard and choose your application.
- Under API Keys, copy the two values for use at the next stage or keep the page open in a separate browser tab.
- Open the Codat Portal page and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Commerce.
- Find Shopify, and select the Manage button next to it.
- From the API keys page on the Shopify developer portal, copy and paste:
- API key value into Client Key.
- API secret key value into Client Secret.
- In the Codat Portal, click Save.
- Go back to Integrations > Commerce, and use the toggle to update the Shopify integration from Disabled to Enabled.
If this is your first commerce integration, update your sync settings to enable commerce data types.
You're now ready to set up companies for your customers in the Codat Portal.
Updated 3 months ago