Before you can pull commerce data from companies using Stripe, you need to set up an integration in Codat's environments.
You'll need to:
- Create a Stripe account in the Stripe developer portal and retrieve your secure credentials (API key and secret).
- Add your secure credentials to the Codat Portal and enable your Stripe integration.
- Check your sync settings.
Live or test?
When configuring your Stripe Extension, you can choose test mode (to retrieve sample data) or live mode (to connect real Stripe accounts). Either mode can be used in Codat's UAT and Production environments, depending on your needs.
When you copy your Client ID and Secret Key from Stripe, please ensure that they are both from the same mode - you cannot mix a test ID with a live secret or vice-versa.
Developer account details
If you already have a Stripe developer account, have your account details to hand. Otherwise, you'll need to create an account before you start to build your integration.
- Go to the Extensions Page on the Stripe Dashboard and sign in with your Stripe Developer Account.
- Under Branding, setup your desired logo and colours that Stripe will present during the Link flow.
- Click to Save Branding changes.
- In the Integration section, use the toggle to select between test data and live data.
- Make sure the OAuth for Standard Accounts toggle is on.
- Use the Add URI button in the Redirects section to add the relevant redirect URI:
- For UAT:
- For Production:
Check your settings carefully
Stripe allows you to have different settings between the test and live environments. You may need to reselect the OAuth toggle and re-enter your redirect URI after you change modes for the first time.
- Make a note of your Test mode client ID or Live mode client ID.
- Return to the Stripe Developer Dashboard and copy your Secret key. This will only be shown once so make sure to make a note of it. If you need to add or change a key in future, you can search for API Keys in the Stripe dashboard.
- Log in to the Codat Portal in UAT or Production.
- Go to Integrations > Commerce.
- Find Stripe and select the Manage button next to it.
- Enter your Test mode client ID or Live mode client ID in to the Client Key input.
- Enter your Secret Key in to the Client Key input.
- Click Save.
- Go back to Integrations > Commerce, and use the toggle to update the Stripe integration from Disabled to Enabled.
If this is your first commerce integration, update your sync settings to enable commerce data types.
Now follow the instructions in Test Stripe to test your setup.
Updated 21 days ago