When your client links their NetSuite account via Codat for the first time, they must sign in with an administrator account and setup their NetSuite instance to allow a connection. Your clients will be guided through this journey during the authorization flow. For reference, the steps they must follow are documented below.
If your clients do not follow these steps correctly the linking process will fail.
If the Token-based Authentication feature has not been enabled your client will receive an error message in Netsuite when trying to request data.
Your clients must install one of the following bundles, depending on the Codat Environment they are trying to connect to:
- Bundle ID: 391485
- Bundle Name: AppLink
- Bundle ID: 391484
- Bundle Name: AppLink - UAT
To install this bundle your client must
- Login to NetSuite
- Go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles (Administrator)
- Enter the bundle name as above
- Select the bundle
- Click the 'Install Bundle' button
In the linking process your client will be directed to a link similar to this for your NetSuite instance https://6950262.app.netsuite.com/app/bundler/installbundle.nl?whence= after which they will be guided through steps 3 to 5 above.
Codat's bundles are referred to as 'unmanaged bundles' in Oracle NetSuite. This means that with any potential bundle updates in the future, you will have to let your clients know that they will have to upgrade their bundles to the new version individually on their accounts.
Your client must enable the following SuiteCloud features.
- SuiteScript > Client SuiteScript
- SuiteScript > Server SuiteScript
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Web Services
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Record Service
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) > Rest Query Service
- Manage Authentication > Token-based Authentication
To enable the features your client must
- Login to NetSuite
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable features > SuiteCloud tab.
- Tick the box beside each of the above features
- Scroll to the bottom of the terms and conditions popup modal and accept
- Save changes.
During the linking process, your client will be directed to this link, where they will be guided through steps 3 and 4 above.
Updated 12 days ago