You can generate Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports for a company based on recently synced data from your customers' accounting platforms. Both of these reports are available in the Reports tab in the Codat portal.
- The Aged Debtors report shows the total outstanding balance owed by your customers over time.
- The Aged Creditors report shows the total balance that you owe to your suppliers over time.
Total assets or debts are grouped into 30-day periods for each customer, up to the current date. You can adjust the report date, period length, and number of periods to show on each report. The data can be grouped by customer or currency.
It is not guaranteed that write-offs are included in the Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports.
The Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports are generated from a set of required data types, as described in the table below.
To generate these reports, the underlying data types must have been synced within the past 24 hours. Otherwise the following error is displayed when you try to run the report:
Sync the required data types by clicking the link in the error, and then run the report again.
The following table lists the required data types for each report:
Reports run on issue date
The Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports run based on the issue dates of the underlying data types rather than the due date. In 2022, we plan to support running these reports based on the due date.
- In the navigation bar, click Companies.
- Click the name of the company you want to generate the report for.
The company's data page is displayed.
- Click the Accounting tab then click Reports.
- Select either Aged Debtors or Aged Creditors.
- (Optional) Edit the default reporting parameters.
- You can change the report date in the Date box. By default, the report includes transactions that occurred up to but not including today's date. To include transactions for today, enter tomorrow's date. For example, to include customer payments made today in the Aged Debtors report, enter tomorrow's date.
- In the Period Length Days box, select the default period length for each column (the default is 30 days).
- In the Number of Periods box, enter the number of periods to show as columns in the report (the default is 4 periods).
- To run the report, click Load aged debtors or Load aged creditors.
- The report is generated and displayed at the bottom of the page.
You can also return the Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports as JSON and query whether the reports are available.
Call the Reports endpoints of the Codat API.
Updated 17 days ago