After you've created your account, you're ready to link your first company to Codat's Sandbox data source and view sample data in the Portal.
These are the steps you will follow
- Create a company in the Codat Portal.
- Follow a unique URL to our Link page where you authorize access to Accounting, Banking, and Commerce data.
- Return to the Codat Portal to review the data connections authorized for your new company.
- Sign in to the Codat Portal.
- Go the Companies page, from the navigation bar.
- In the top right, click New Company.
- Enter the name for your company. This doesn't have to be the actual name of the company who will connect, just your internal name or reference for them. Then click Add.
- When the company has been created, you'll see a confirmation and the
Link URLfor the company will be shown. Use the copy button to copy the Link URL to your clipboard.
Link URL, which you copied above, into a new browser tab. You would send this URL to your customer to allow them to connect their data.
Link loads, allowing you to Link data to Codat's Sandbox Accounting, Commerce, and Banking Data sources to provide you with some test data.
Follow the steps in Link to connect your test company to the Accounting, Commerce and Banking packages.
When the packages are connected, you'll see a confirmation message. You can close the tab.
- In the Codat Portal, go to the Companies page in the navigation bar.
- You'll see your newly created company, along with the connections to the Accounting, Commerce and Banking Sandboxes that were created during the Link Flow above:
- Click the company name and use the side menu to explore the company's data.
Next, you may wish to:
- Enable more Accounting, Commerce or Banking integrations to allow you to test connecting to real sources of data.
- Customize your Link journey to make the look and feel match your Company Branding, and change the text your customers will see.
- Invite your colleagues to start using Codat on the User Management pages.
- Get started with using Codat's API.
- Explore Codat's Data Model to see the full details of what data is available.
Updated 3 months ago