You can choose whether the connectors for on-premise platforms—Sage 50 (UK) and QuickBooks Desktop—run once only, or remain installed on your customers' machines.
Two options for connector setup are available.
- Do not install / one-time sync: After data is uploaded from the customer's accounting platform, the connector removes itself from the user's computer. A one-time sync is performed when the user runs the connector.
- Install on the customer's machine: After the connector is installed, the customer's data is periodically updated in the Codat portal. The connector remains installed on the user's computer.
If you opt to install the connector, you'll be able to refresh your customers' data in future, with no action required by them.
Offline connector configuration is set in the Codat Portal at the integration level. You can override the settings for individual companies if needed.
Open the Codat Portal and log in.
In the navigation bar, select Integrations > Accounting.
Scroll down to the platform you're interested in and select Manage.
Choose one of the following options:
- Do not install / one-time sync
- Install on the customer's machine
- Sign in to the Codat Portal.
- In the navigation bar, select Companies then select the company you want to update.
- Click Underlying data.
- Select View Data next to the company's Status.
- On the underlying data page, click Settings.
- Under Install offline connectors, select the on-premise connector setup option you want to use for the company.
- Click Save.
Updated about 1 month ago