Transparency leads to trust. Trust leads to consent. Consent results in your customers getting value from their connected data.
Let your SMB customers understand what will happen with their connected data. Offer further support via various channels.
Why this matters
It is imperative your customers trust you with their data, otherwise they may not consent to connecting their accounts.
Be transparent about the customer's data that you'll be using:
- Specify the integration category (e.g.., accounting data)
- Specify which data will be used and the direction of data travel (from or to the connected platform)
- Reinforce user trust with your choice of language: “Securely add your revenue streams”
- Reassure your customer that their data will never be shared with third parties without consent
- Clearly state what is required to authorize and withdraw consent
The customer should be able to change their mind about connecting at a later date. This recommendation still applies to use cases that only require a one-time connection, as that may not be clear to a customer.
Hard facts are a great way to bolster your value statements. Consider this example: "Over 40,000 customers trust our encryption."
The most successful implementations can offer a direct phone number, support e-mail, and submit a support request, at any stage of the flow.
Mutual NDA agreements can be a very powerful tool to build trust with your customer.
“Through the wonders of API integration, we can instantly underwrite [customer company name]'s finances. Connecting more accounts will allow us to provide a lower rate to you. The MNDA agreement ensures that your data will be safe with us.”
Using Codat's Link for customer authentication allows you to:
- Build trust with your customers by specifying the messaging that appears on the left panel
- Require an action to consent to data sharing
- Provide various support contact details
To read more about different ways to customize Link, read Customize your Link.
You can also build your own authentication journey.
Updated 6 days ago