A single installed Sage 50 Connector can sync with multiple Sage 50 company data files.
Ensure you have a connector installed and successfully linked with a company on a machine:
When a new link URL / download link for a newly created company is followed on a machine that has a connector already installed as above, follow the instructions as per normal setup by:
- Entering the license key
- Linking a second company data file by selecting the company name and entering valid credentials to access the file
- Select 'Link company and perform sync'
- Click 'Confirm' on the 'Confirm Company' dialog given the correct company has been selected
- Allow the company to sync data
- Upon successful sync, click 'OK' on the 'Data Synchronisation complete' confirmation dialog
- The connector will then disappear and continue to operate in the background
Rather than a separate connector being installed, the same connector will now handle both company data file connections / syncs.
Right-click on the Sage 50 Connector tray icon usually found in the bottom left of the screen and select 'Open Sage 50 Connector'. This will display the connector which is now in multi-company mode:
In multi-company mode you can choose to:
- Sync a single company
- Sync all companies from the connector screen
- Sync all companies from the tray
- Click the 'View' link next to the company you wish to force a manual sync of data with.
- This will bring up the selected companies connector view. Click the main 'Sync button:
When the sync is complete, you must close the open single company connector view if you want to view and interact with the multi-company view:
Upon successful sync the multi-company connector view will show the status of the sync for the company:
- Click the 'Sync with [your company name will appear here]' button from the multi-company connector view:
- Click 'Yes' on the sync confirmation dialog. This will queue a sync for all of the companies linked in the connector.
Connector behaviour during a multi-company sync
- The 'Delete' link on the multi company modal is replaced by a syncing icon (a blue cloud), representing the upload of data
- The connector displays which datatype/s are syncing for which company/s
- The Sync button text changes to 'Clear queued syncs' (see below for what this means)
- Right-click on the Sage 50 Connector tray icon in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Click 'Perform data sync'.
- Click 'Yes' on the Perform data sync confirmation dialog.
- Observe that all companies begin syncing.
When syncing all companies for a connector in multi-company mode, either by clicking the 'Sync with [your company/product name]' button or performing a sync from the tray icon, the main 'Sync with [your company/product name]' button's text changes to read 'Clear queued syncs'.
You can not stop (cancel) and companies that are currently syncing. However, you can choose to cancel any companies that are yet to begin syncing but are 'queued' to do so i.e. pending syncs.
Queued syncs are represented by an empty cloud icon in the multi-company connector view, as below:
If you wish to prevent any queued syncs from syncing in the current manual sync cycle, then click the 'Clear queued syncs' button:
All companies that were due to sync, but not currently syncing at the time of clearing the queue, will not be manually synced. All companies will then continue to sync based on your Data Sync Settings.
Updated 9 months ago