Before you can pull commerce data from companies using PayPal, you need to set up an integration in Codat's environments, starting with UAT.
You'll need to:
- Login to the Codat Portal in UAT.
- Register as a Third Party Provider (TPP) to access PayPal’s X2SA API and request your sandbox credentials
- PayPal will require you to provide them with either an eIDAS QWAC or OBWAC (i.e. an open banking certification)
- Add your secure credentials to the Codat Portal in UAT and enable your test PayPal integration.
- Check your sync settings.
- Go to https://sandbox.paypal.com/partnerexp/tppLanding and register as a Third Party Provider (TPP) for PayPal’s X2SA API
https://paypal-uat.codat.io/oauth/callbackin the "Your return URL" field.
- After submitting the form, your credentials (
Client Secret) will be available to download. Please note:
a) PayPal need to enable the credentials after they are created. This may take a number of days; until this is completed by PayPal, you will not be able to access the PayPal X2SA API through Codat.
b) You can contact PayPal for help or to chase enabling of credentials at [email protected]
Make sure you keep this information safe, as it is not normally possible to retrieve this information from PayPal again after it has been initially requested.
Given the turnaround time for PayPal to review and approve your request, and then enable your credentials, you may wish to consider also registering for Production access to the API at the same time.
- Open the Codat Portal in UAT and log in.
- Go to Integrations > Commerce.
- Find PayPal, and select the Manage button next to it.
- Copy the
Client Secretvalues obtained in the previous step into the boxes in the Codat portal.
- Select Save.
- Go back to Integrations > Commerce, and use the toggle to update the PayPal integration from Disabled to Enabled.
Updated 2 months ago