Before you can access banking data from TrueLayer, you need to set up the integration. You'll need to:
- Retrieve your secure keys from the TrueLayer live console.
- Update your TrueLayer settings.
- Add your secure keys to the Codat portal.
- Enable your TrueLayer integration.
- Check your sync settings.
Testing the TrueLayer integration
If you use TrueLayer's live environment, you can test TrueLayer using a demo data source, or live bank accounts, so that you can:
- Make sure you're happy with your customer journey.
- Retrieve and check banking data.
To set up TrueLayer, you need to retrieve your secure keys from TrueLayer's live console.
- Sign in to your TrueLayer account, or create a new account if you don't have one already. If you're setting up an account for the first time, you're prompted to add a unique value to your client_id, and to download your client secret. You'll need this later.
- In the TrueLayer console, in the left pane, select DATA API.
- Then, if you're using a new account, select GO TO LIVE ENV. Otherwise, in the top menu, select LIVE.
- In the left pane, select the settings icon.
The APP SETTINGS page is displayed.
- In the Identifiers pane, find your client_id and copy it to a text file or similar. If you already had a TrueLayer account, and you've forgotten your client_secret, select the refresh icon next to it to download a new one.
Stay on this page and continue to the next stage of the setup process.
Next, you need to add your redirect URI to TrueLayer. This is the location your customers are sent to after they authorise your connection to their banking data.
- On the APP SETTINGS page, in the Allowed redirect URIs pane, delete any existing URIs, and then select the plus icon.
https://truelayer.codat.io/oauth/callback, and then select the tick icon to save.
Your TrueLayer configuration is complete.
You now need to configure TrueLayer in the Codat Portal.
- Open the Codat Portal and sign in.
- In the navigation bar, select Integrations > Banking Integrations.
- Find TrueLayer and select Manage next to it.
The TrueLayer Credentials page is displayed.
- Find the secure keys you retrieved in "Retrieve your secure keys from TrueLayer" (above) and paste in the client_id and client_secret. Select Save.
- Repeat step 2.
- Find TrueLayer Open Banking and select Manage next to it.
The TrueLayer Open Banking Credentials page is displayed.
- Repeat step 4.
Now you're ready to enable the TrueLayer integration in the Codat Portal.
- In the navigation bar of the portal, select Integrations > Banking.
- Use the toggles next to TrueLayer and TrueLayer Open Banking to update them from Disabled to Enabled.
- In the Banking Sources panel, in the TrueLayer and TrueLayer Open Banking columns, scroll down the list and select the banking data sources that you need to connect to. If you want to use a demo bank account with test data, select Demo Bank from the TrueLayer Open Banking column.
- Scroll back up the page to the top of the Banking Sources panel and select Save Changes.
A confirmation message is displayed.
To view any test data from linked bank accounts straight away in the Codat Portal, configure your sync settings correctly.
- In the navigation bar of the portal, select Account > Sync Settings.
- In the list of data types, find Bank Statements and set the Fetch on first link toggle to On.
- Select Save Changes to update your configuration.
Now follow the instructions in Test TrueLayer to test your setup.
Updated 14 days ago