Before you can access commerce data from customers using Clover, you need to set up the integration. You'll need to:
- Create an app in the Clover developer portal and retrieve your secure credentials (API key and secret).
- Log in to the Codat Portal.
- Add your secure credentials to the Codat Portal and enable your Clover integration.
- Check your data type settings.
Developer account details
If you already have a Clover developer account, have your account details to hand.
If you don't, sign up to the Clover developer portal before you start to create your application. Note that Clover's market currently covers many geographic regions and each is assigned a different domain. Create your developer portal by choosing your geographic area first:
If you require a Clover sandbox for testing purposes, sign up to the Clover Sandbox developer portal before you start to create your application
Go to the Clover developer portal and log in to your account.
Select Create App to create an app and get API credentials.
Fill in the required details for your app:
- Under Requested Permissions, tick "Read" for Customers, Inventory, Merchant, Orders, and Payments.
- Set the App type to Web.
- Under REST Configuration enter
You'll be taken to your API credentials page with App ID and secret generated. Keep this page open so you can use your API keys in the next procedure.
In the Codat Portal, go to the Commerce integrations page.
Locate Clover and click Set up.
Under Integration settings, enter the values for the Client ID and Client secret from your app in the Clover developer portal.
Click Save. A confirmation message appears if the settings were saved successfully.
The Enable Clover dialog is displayed. Select whether to enable the integration now or later.
Make sure that your secure credentials don't contain any spaces.
- In the Codat Portal, go to the Commerce integrations page.
- Locate Clover and click the toggle to enable the integration.
You can also click Manage to view the integration's settings page, and then enable the integration from there.
If this is your first commerce integration, update your data type settings to enable commerce data types.
You're now ready to test your Clover integration, or skip straight to setting up companies for your customers in the Codat Portal.
Updated 16 days ago