When you've set up Shopify, you're ready to test the authorization process for your integration. You'll need to:
- Set up a test company.
- Create a corresponding test store in Shopify.
- Generate a Link URL to connect your test company to your test store in Shopify.
- Retrieve commerce data.
Before you start to test Shopify, make sure that you have:
- Set up Shopify.
- Got your app approved by Shopify.
- Updated your sync settings to enable commerce data types.
- Go to the Codat Portal and log in.
- Go to Companies.
- On the right side of the page, click Add new company.
- Enter a name for your test company and select Add.
- Keep the Companies page open in a separate browser tab. You'll need it for the next stage of the process.
- Go to the Shopify developer portal and log in.
- Click Add store and choose Development Store.
- Fill in the store details, making a note of your store URL, set a password, and click Save.
Test the authorisation process that your customers will use when they connect their Shopify account.
- On the Companies page of the Codat Portal, find the test company that you created earlier.
- Next to the company name, select View Link URL.
- The Links URL... dialogue box is displayed.
- At the bottom of the Links URL... dialog box, copy the URL for Commerce.
- Paste the Link URL into your browser, which takes you to Link.
- Choose Shopify and then Continue to Shopify.
- Enter the name of the test store you created in Shopify and click Continue. You will be taken to the test store in Shopify and prompted to install your app.
To test your app in Shopify you will have to manually fill your test store with test data. To make sure that commerce data has been pulled successfully into Codat:
- Open the Codat Portal and log in.
- In the navigation bar, select Companies, and search for the test company that you created.
- Select View Data next to the company name.
- On the company's Data page, select Commerce to see data for all Commerce data types.
- If no data is displayed, select Queue sync.
Updated 17 days ago