When you've set up and enabled Square in UAT, you're ready to test the authorisation process for your integration, and to retrieve sample commerce data. You'll need to:
- Set up a test company in UAT.
- Generate a Link URL to connect your test company to Square.
- Generate a Link URL to connect your test company to Codat's sandbox.
Before you start to test Square, make sure that you've:
- Go to the Codat portal in UAT and log in.
- Go to Companies.
- On the right side of the page, select Add new company.
- Enter a name for your test company and select Add.
- Keep the Companies page open in a separate browser tab. You'll need it for the next stage of the process.
Test the authorisation process that your customers will use when they connect their Square account.
Retrieving sample commerce data
To retrieve and view commerce data from your test company, you'll need to add sample data to Square's sandbox. See Square's developer resources for more information. Alternatively, follow the instructions in Retrieve sample commerce data to use Codat's sandbox instead.
- Sign in to the Square developer portal.
- On the Applications page, under Sandbox Test Accounts, open the Default Test Account or any other account that you have added. Keep this page open in a separate browser tab.
- Back on the Companies page of the Codat Portal, scroll down until you find the test company that you created earlier.
- Next to the company name, select View Link URL.
The Links URL... dialog box is displayed.
- At the bottom of the Links URL... dialog box, copy the URL for Commerce.
- Copy the link URL into your browser, which takes you to Codat's link site.
- Select Square and then Continue. A Permissions dialog box is displayed, which allows you to choose which data types are pulled into Codat.
- Select Allow.
Connect to Codat's sandbox to retrieve and view sample commerce data.
- Follow steps 1 to 5 in Set up a test company.
- Follow steps 1 to 6 in Generate a link URL and connect your test company to Square.
- Select Sandbox and then Continue to Commerce Sandbox.
- Select Submit.
Make sure that commerce data has been pulled successfully into Codat.
- Open the Codat Portal in UAT and log in.
- In the left pane, select Companies, and search for the test company that you created.
- Select View Data next to the company name.
- On the company's Data page, select Commerce to see data for all Commerce data types.
- If no data is displayed, select Queue sync.
Updated 3 months ago