Request access to company financials
Contact your sales representative to view all financial dashboards. Currently only accounting data types are supported.
Company financials are generated from a standard set of Codat's data types. Without this standard data, certain parts of these financial dashboards will be unavailable.
This article explains how to set up and use company financials for the first time, including how to:
- Make sure that the correct data types are enabled in your sync settings.
- Open the company overview.
- Verify a company (optional).
- Make sure all data is available.
- Drilldown into more detailed data.
For detailed descriptions of the data displayed in the dashboard and options for updating the data displayed, see the other pages in this section.
Update your configuration to sync the data types that are required to build the company financials. You only need to do this once for all companies.
- Open the Codat portal.
- In the left pane, select Account > Sync Settings.
- On the Sync Settings page, set the Override default settings toggle to Yes.
- Find the following data types and set the Fetch on first link toggle to On:
- Balance Sheet
- Bill Credit Notes
- Bill Payments
- Credit Notes
- Profit and Loss
- Choose a Sync frequency for each data type.
- Select Save Changes to update your configuration.
A company overview is available for every company that uses accounting data types and has successfully synced their data.
- In the Codat portal, in the left pane, select Companies.
- Find the company you're interested in and select View Data.
- At the top of the Data page, select Visualise. The Companies House dialog box is displayed.
All company details are cross-referenced against publicly-held data at Companies House. You can either link your company to the correct details, or skip this part of the process.
In the Companies House dialog box, either:
- Select one of the close matches to the company name that are listed in the Companies House dialog box and then select Connect.
- Select Don't see your company? to search for the company details.
- Select Skip.
Before you start to use the company overview and other financial dashboards, make sure all data types have been synced.
- If a Data Unavailable message is displayed in any of the dashboard sections, select Refresh Data and wait for the data to synchronise.
- If data is still missing, select Back to Company and then View underlying datasets to troubleshoot any issues with syncing data.
From the company overview, you can drilldown into more detailed data in a number of ways.
- Use the top navigation to move between the main dashboards. Select Help? to learn more about how each metric is calculated.
- Click on the summary metrics
- Use the buttons on each section.
- Select a report line.
Updated 12 months ago