Follow this link for a step-by-step guide: https://developer.xero.com/partner/app-partner.
- When pushing transaction to an existing bank account, that bank account must have been previously pulled (synced) via the Codat API.
- Xero requires a real Xero account (either a full account or a free trial) to be used for pushing bank transactions. Linking with the Xero Demo Company will not allow Bank Feeds, resulting in an appropriate 403 error.
- You must first have Bank Feeds configured and allowed.
- Then, to create a direct Bank Feed using Xero's Bank Feeds API, you must POST Bank Transactions.
- When successfully pushed to Xero, the bank transactions will appear in the 'Bank Statements' section for the bank account in the Xero UI, with the source 'Bank Feed' as below:
Bank Feeds vs Account Transactions
Note that the Codat API does not support pushing Xero 'Account Transactions'. Account transaction are reconciled with statement lines from direct Bank Feeds and can be created / matched in the Xero UI.
In Xero, contacts only become a customer or a supplier once an AP or AR transaction is applied to them e.g. an invoice or a bill. Up until this point, they remain as just a contact and not a customer or a supplier within Xero.
To cater for this behaviour in the Codat standard, contacts appear as both Customers and Suppliers if they are a contact in Xero. This allows you to always find the ID for a contact to create either a bill, or an invoice say (as any contact may be used in both AP or AR context).
Requests to the Xero API are subject to the API rate limits described in the OAuth 2.0 API limits page in the Xero Developer documentation.
If a rate limit is exceeded, your integration is blocked from making any more requests to the API until the conditions of the rate limit are met. A
Pending status is shown in the push endpoint response when a rate limit is enforced.
If the Daily Limit is exceeded, you can't sync any data with Xero for up 24 hours depending on when the limit was exceeded.
To see which rate limit is exceeded, please contact Codat Support.
All Items from Xero will have their
itemStatus mapped as
Unknown in Codat because an item status is not exposed via Xero's API. If this is a feature you'd like to see made available, please consider voting for this feature request on Xero's UserVoice.
Yes. You can enter negative line item amounts in the
lineItems.unitAmount field when pushing invoices to Xero. This is an alternative to using the
Our accounting data model allows the pulling and pushing of Xero tracking options rather than parent tracking categories. You can have up to two active tracking categories and up to 100 tracking options for each tracking category. For more information about these objects, see Set up tracking categories in the Xero documentation.
You can only push a tracking category to Xero if it has a non-null value for
You are unable to push tracking categories that, when they were pulled, have the property
"hasChildren": true. A validation error is returned.
Updated 20 days ago