Set up the Chargify integration
Explore our API integration with Chargify
Set up the Chargify integration to retrieve recurring billing and subscriptions data from your SMB customers.
Before you can use the integration, your SMB customers (merchants who use Chargify) need to retrieve their secure API credentials from their Chargify account and enter them in Link. Chargify does not require any global credentials for accessing the API.
To start pulling data from Chargebee:
- Enable the Chargebee integration
- Create companies in Codat and then share the Link URLs with your SMB customers
- Ask you customer to connect their Chargebee account to Codat
Enable the Chargify integration
- In the Codat Portal, go to the Commerce integrations page.
- Locate Chargify and click the toggle to enable the integration.
You can also click Manage to view the integration's settings page, and then enable the integration from there.
Create a company and share the Link URL with your SMB customers
Using Link for SMB authentication is optional. You can also build your own authentication flow using the Codat API (the platform key for Chargify is required).
In the Codat Portal:
- Click Companies > New company.
- In the Add new company dialog, enter a name for the company, then click Add. The Link URL is displayed.
- Provide the Link URL to your SMB customers.
SMB customer: Connects their Chargify account to Codat
Your SMB customer connects their Chargify account to Codat using Link. To authenticate with Codat, they get their API Key from Chargify.
For help with this procedure, see API Keys in the Chargify Help centre.
Your SMB customer performs the following steps:
Opens the Link URL in their browser.
On the Commerce step in Link, they select the Chargify tile, then click Next.
Reviews the requested permissions on the Connect to Chargify page, then clicks Next.
The Your Chargify credentials page is displayed.
Opens a new browser tab, visits app.chargify.com, and signs in to their Chargify account.
In the side panel, clicks Config then Integrations.
Clicks API Keys to view all API keys.
Enters the API key in the Your Chargify credentials page in Link. The API key must have admin permissions enabled.
If the data connection was successful, they click Finish to close Link.
Your SMB customer has now connected their Chargify account to Codat.