Learn about our Pandle integration.
Pandle is a cloud accounting platform designed to make the recording of transactions as simple and efficient as possible for accountants, bookkeepers and small business owners. Pandle is a UK-based platform with over 40,000 users.
You can pull accounting data from Pandle using our Pandle integration.
Data type coverage
View the coverage of our Pandle integration in the Data coverage explorer.
Set up the integration
Pandle occasionally performs updates on Tuesday mornings (UK Time) that make their API temporarily unavailable. If you experience any issues fetching data from Pandle during these periods, check their status page and queue new synchronizations when they've completed their maintenance.
Before you can access data from customers using Pandle for their accounting, you need to set up a Pandle integration in the Codat portal. You'll need to:
- Register a new application with Pandle.
- Wait for Pandle to send through your secure keys.
- Add your app's secure keys to the Codat portal.
We also recommend that you test your integration using a free Pandle account.
Register your application
Currently Pandle doesn’t support online registrations, so you’ll need to send an email to [email protected] that includes the following details:
- App name – A short name for your app. Your customers will see this when they authorize your connection to their data.
- Description – A short description of what your app does that mentions Codat. For example: “As lenders, we’ll connect to our customers’ accounts to view or update them using Codat’s Pandle integration”.
- Re-direct URI – Customers are redirected to this URL after they authorize your app connection. For a Codat integration you must use
Wait for your secure keys
Pandle will issue secure keys to you, including a client ID and client secret. It may take a number of working days to receive these details.
Add your app's secure keys to the Codat Portal
In the Codat Portal, go to the Accounting integrations page.
Locate Pandle and click Set up.
Under Integration settings, enter the values for the Client ID and Client secret for your app that you received from Pandle.
Click Save. A confirmation message appears if the settings were saved successfully.
The Enable Pandle dialog is displayed. Select whether to enable the integration now or later.
Make sure that your secure keys don't contain any spaces.
Enable the Pandle integration
- In the Codat Portal, go to the Accounting integrations page.
- Locate Pandle and click the toggle to enable the integration.
You can also click Manage to view the integration's settings page, and then enable the integration from there.
Your Pandle integration is now set up.
Test your integration
We recommend that you test your integration before sending Link URLs to customers.
- Sign up for a free Pandle account as the business owner. You'll need to add a valid email address, and a VAT number in the correct format. For the rest of the registration form, you can enter dummy details if you choose to.
- When your account setup is complete, log in to Pandle, choose the free subscription plan, and create some data for your test company, for example, some invoices.
- Next, go to the Codat portal where you've enabled your integration and create a test company.
- Find the Link URL for your test company. Next to the company name, select Request data.
- Use the Link URL to connect your Pandle account.
- When Link opens, select PANDLE, and then select Continue to Pandle.
- Log in to your Pandle account.
- Authorize access to your account details.
- Make sure that any data you've set up in your Pandle account is displayed in Codat portal for your test company.